Home | How To Deal With Tough Times As An Entrepreneur
Admin • Sun May 26, 2019 • 26 • 0
Some people believed Entrepreneurs are super humans who don't face challenges, trials and problems. This is a super fallacy!
times truly don't last. But tough people do.
feeling of being squeezed to a corner by any challenge in your business, can be
need to survive to count the score. Even
when you think you have it figured out, you could experience a challenge that
may try to deceive you into thinking you have reached your end and that all
hope is lost. Whatever the case may be, it is not the end.
or business can be frustrating. And to the onlookers, you are a total failure.
But you should know better (That you are not). Sometimes,
you put in so much efforts and resources into a project, product, investment or
idea. And you get nothing or lose everything.
was having a discussion with an uncle of mine who is an entrepreneur. And we
laughed at each others tale of what has been lost and sacrifices made in our
respective business ventures. It was interesting to note that I am not alone in the journey.
talked at length about how an entrepreneur puts so much faith in an idea,
invest in it and then it turns out to be a failure.
In most cases, the failure does not come from the absence or presence of an idea, but from events surrounding the idea. Some of such events include;
* Loosing your products or merchandise to disaster.
* Loosing your money to fraudulent dealers, distributors or companies.
* Delay in clearing certain time sensitive products from the port.
* Zero patronage on new invested product.
* Unstable Stock exchange market.
* Bankruptcy of a financial / Investment partner.
* And others.
experiences are not as funny as they appear to be in the story. However,
we have developed tough skin and coat to endure the pains of loss, by being
inspired by the growing medals of victory and the joy of a happy ending.
This is what you can do when you face tough times in your business.
1. Never contemplate suicide or Self Harm.
2. Go closer to God personally.
3. Have a quiet time for reflection of who you are, where you are going to, what the challenge is, where it started and how to solve it.
4. Don't close shop, try to keep the list of your business going.
5. Don't stay Idle or Isolated.
6. Read Books.
7. Find something new to do. (Like taking up a baking or cooking class, new game, new skill, etc).
8. Find something valuable to sell, trade or Resell. (You will need money to provide minimum essentials like food).
9. Find motivational or religious contents to boost your spirit.
"Never contemplate suicide or Low self esteem".
10. Think of your exit from the situation in glory.
12. Learn from your mistakes.
13. Be ready to adopt new changes on ideas, strategies and market.
14. Be patient with time and people.
15. Plan and Restrategise from experience.
16. Remember, there is a say "tough times never last, but tough people do".
As an entrepreneur, you should know that there is something special about being a tough survivor of a challenge. You will have market experience to dominate. You will become a champion and a symbol of hope for others.
In tough times, mark time with optimism and productive little or big actions in your business. And you will be amazed at how you manage to survive as well as how you become successful. Tough times truly don't last, tough people do!!!.