Home | Football Legends And Saints You Never Know
Admin • Sun May 19, 2019 • 19 • 0
Football is a sport played on foot in which teams attempt to get a ball into a goal or zone defended by the other team.
Many football players are used to being in the referee’s book for simulation, diving, bad tackles, dissent and shirt removal amongst others. Talking of the likes of Joey Barton, Mario Balotelli, Pepe and Sergio Ramos and even legends such as Pep Guardiola, Javier Mascherano, Gattuso, Patrick Vieira, amongst others with red cards almost becoming a trademark of their style of play.
Going by this trademark, few footballers have demonstrated that the round leather game of football can be played with all its physicality and not be a customer of the referee’s book.
Below are the lists of Football legends and saints who distinguished themselves and stand out amongst the crowd, these legends are referred to as “saints” because they display exceptional abilities and some of them has never received a red card. Few of them are as follows:
1. GARRY LINEKER: - Garry
has never being booked once in his amazing 15 years long career, he
even received a “FIFA FAIR PLAY AWARD” in 1990 for his efforts on the
pitch and he is now the current Match of the day broadcaster for BBC.
2. XAVIER HERNANDEZ:
- Xavier is yet to receive a single red card in his career; despite the
level of high profile games he played in; particularly the
do-or-die-esque of the El-Clasico clashes, amongst others he haskept his
cool and remained a name to be reckoned with.
3. DAMIEN DUFF: - Duff in his 18 year long career was known as a midfield workhorse and never was he for once given his marching orders, though, he played for the physical sides in the league, he played for Fulham FC, Chelsea FC, etc.
4. RYAN GIGGS: - The welsh-born premier league legend (Giggs) in his senior career that spanned from 1990-2014 never received a red card. He is a good example to Football players both on and off the pitch.
5. RAUL GONZALEZ: - Gonzalez even after playing at different pedestal stages of the wonderful game for Real Madrid CF. and Spain, men national football team; this man never received a red card.
6. PHILIP LAHM: - Lahm, dubbed as arguably the most intelligent football player. With his short height and his crunchy tackles, he has been smart enough not to receive a red card in his career so far. He still turns out for his favourite club side FC Bayern Munich in the German Bundesliga.
7. MICHAEL CARRICK: - Carrick, nicknamed the “Mr Dependable” of the Manchester United FC, is yet to receive a red card in his career so far.
8. LUKE YOUNG: - Young, though played for struggling relegation embattled teams and in a defensive fullback capacity, he still kept his cool and was never given a red card.
9. SHAY GIVEN: - Shay, incidentally; the most Google-searched premier league player in 2016. He holds the record for playing for the most number of minutes (39,000 minutes) without a red card in the premier league.
10. EDWIN VAN DER SAAR: - Van Der Saar is one of the best players to play in the premier league, winning more games, saving more goals per minutes, played (27,000 minutes) without collecting a single red card.
In any sphere of life, discipline is an essential component required for good success in tandem with other skill and virtues. These ones can be dubbed the immaculate ones or better still, the saints of Football.